Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Sick As A Dog

You may remember me mentioning last week McGruff hasn't been feeling good.  :(  He has a condition, degenerative disc disease, causing his back to hurt from time to time.  We had to put him back on meds last Wednesday.  Usually the meds kick in about a day later he's back to his old chipper self. 

It's now been a week of meds and lots of TLC from Momma and McGruff just isn't his usual self.  It makes me sad.  I snapped these quick pics of him.  Doesn't he look so sad?  My poor little baby.  He's going back to the vet today for a check up.  We shall see what they say.  Keep my lil babe in your prayers if you don't mind.  I want him to feel better and be his usual perky self. 

My heart hurts when I see him looking like this.  :(  It makes me cry big puppy dog tears. 





xoxo,
Mrs. D

10 comments:

  1. aww poor baby
    i hope he feels better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and McGruff! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, poor little guy. :( My aunt has 3 of the red dachsunds and 2 of them have had to have back surgery to correct their issues. Fingers crossed McGruff is on the mend soon! I hate it when my babies are hurting too. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh I am thinking about little Mr. McGruff!!! Feel better soon!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww sweet thing! i'll be thinking of him :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just saw your sweet comment about my Maximus - oh man, that must be SO SO hard. I worry all the time about their backs because I know they all have a tendency to have issues. I hope he starts feeling better soon. How old is he?

    Weenie dogs are the best! So glad I found another person who loves them as much as me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. there is nothing worse than when your pet is sick :( well, maybe when your child is sick, but i don't have children, so my fur babies count, right?!? sending positive energy and prayers your way for your beautiful "baby"!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard of wiener dogs having back problems, but usually it occurs because of weight.... Is the disc something they can operate on to make better?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwwww, poor baby!! This literally made me want to cry! I hate when my babies are sick. I hope he gets to feeling better soon!! Prayers to y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our old family dog Molly had those back problems :( Poor guy. Stella puppy and I send our love!

    ReplyDelete