Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The King's Speech & Kentucky Theatre


Over the weekend Mr. D and I went to see the King's Speech.  Have y'all seen it yet?  OMGosh!  It was so good!  Colin Firth gave an absolutely awesome performance and definitely deserves his Oscar nomination (and possibly the win too!).  Please, please, please do yourself a favor and go see this movie!  Definitely worth seeing at the theater and it will be enjoyed by both the ladies and the gents. 

image via

Our very favorite place to see movies in Lexington is definitely the Kentucky Theatre.  It's an old theater downtown, just shy of being 100 years old.  When we go to see film's at the Kentucky it's like stepping back in time to another era and reminds me of the golden age of Hollywood.  If only the walls could talk. 


The lobby area.
Image via.


The theatre The King's Speech was showing in.
Before the film started there was a man playing the organ (bottom left of photo).
How many (contemporary) movie theaters can boast this?


Waiting for our flick to start.
(I may or may not have been singing along with the organ tunes I recognized.)


I've had such a sweet tooth lately.
When we got home from the movies (at 10 PM) I insisted on making brownies.
Mr. D helped me eat them.  They were fudgy & delish!


Have y'all seen The King's Speech yet?  Thoughts on any other films with Oscar buzz?
Do you have an old theatre like this in your town?  If so, it's a must visit!
And if you live in Lexington please take the time to check out the Kentucky Theatre soon!

xoxo,
Mrs. D


8 comments:

  1. Definitely the best movie I have seen in a long time! And that theater is gorgeous. I'm sure it definitely adds to the movie watching atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh i LOVE the king speech too and wow that movie theatre is AMAZING! so jealous! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also loved the King's Speech! And I am definitely the type who would bake brownies at 10pm, too. ;)

    New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely theater! I Can't wait to see that movie
    oxox
    SC

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this movie so much! The Fighter was amazing as well, but I think I like The King's Speech just a little more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen a movie at the Kentucky in a while...i should though since it's right here in our town! Not many people have something as special as it! Let's do a girl's night there soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the King's Speech too! Have never been to the Kentucky Theatre, but might have to check it out next time I'm in Lex. If you haven't seen Black Swan, it's a good one too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw the King's Speech and absolutely loved it. It was amazing...and I love how it made me laugh!! I didn't think there would be any humor involved, but there was lots!! Really enjoyed it and hope Colin brings home the Oscar!!

    ReplyDelete