Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Read Between The Wines

Hey y'all!  Happy Wednesday!  (I'm back!)
I didn't get to post about our March/April Book Club yet, so here we go. 


For March we all read Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen.  I'm not sure how everyone else felt about it yet because we decided to wait and have our March meeting in April when the Water For Elephants movie comes out.  This means April will be a double whammy and we'll have not one, but TWO books to read and talk about.  :) 

I can only tell you how much I loved, loved, loved Water For Elephants.  Once I was past the third chapter I couldn't put the book down and was instantly transformed into a wonderful world of elephants, circus acts, speakeasy's and tales from life on the train as the main character traveled with the touring circus.  I can not wait to see the movie (I love Reese!) and compare the two.

I'm thinking maybe we should even make our meeting food/beverage circus themed...what do y'all think?



For April I have selected Wench by Dolen Perkins-Valdez.  I recently read a review of this book was very intrigued by the description.  I love history (especially American history) and have always loved to read period pieces.  I don't know much about this book beyond the description, but I do hope it's good because after reading Water For Elephants, Wench certainly has a lot to live up to in order to keep my attention.

Have any of you read Water For Elephants or Wench?  What did you think? 

xoxo,
Mrs. D 

10 comments:

  1. Loved Water for Elephants - CANNOT WAIT for the movie! Thanks for the next book selection - I will have to check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wench sounds good! Can't wait to start reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Water for Elephants is my favorite book of the year so far. After I read this post I went and read the description of Wench and now I am intrigued. I've added it to my list.
    Have you read The Help?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to read Water for Elephants - so many people have recommended it to me. Glad to hear you liked it so much. The movie certainly looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just finished Water for Elephants and LOVED it! By far one of my favorite books ever! I will have to check out the book you mentioned, I have attempted to start 2 other books after W4E and both haven't kept my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Water for Elephants tooooo! I can't wait for the movie but as always it's going to be different :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read Water for Elephants and it's definitely on my all-time favorites list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have heard wonderful things about Water for Elephants - I must read it before seeing the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Water for Elephants was a great selection...good job! I loved it and totally didn't think I would!!! I just read the description of Wench and it sounds great too. I'm so behind on blogging...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved the book. I think the film looks every bit as exciting.

    ReplyDelete