Monday, September 26, 2011

Hey Y'all & True Blood

Hey y'all! 
Sorry I've been so absent lately but I've been staying pretty busy with work and every day life matters.  It's all left me little time to write and catch up on the inter webs.  I barely have time to read a few blogs in the evening, much less write one.  Lately, during the little bit of free time I have I've found myself obsessing over the HBO television show True Blood.  Yes, I know.  I'm really, really, really late to this party. 


So here I am making my fashionably late entrance in the world of Sookie Stackhouse and the rest of the True Blood characters.  So far I'm only part way through season three (I'm one of those crazy people that refuses to watch a show unless I start at the very beginning) and I'm loving every single episode.  I just can't get enough.  I don't know what I'm going to do when I finally catch up with the rest of y'all and have to actually wait until the next season begins.  I guess I'll have to find a new series to start after I finish this one.  (Speaking of, I've heard so many great things about Friday Night Lights.  Perhaps it shall be next?)


My thoughts on True Blood.  Sookie Stackhouse is adorable.  Seriously.  Adorable.  Vampire Bill?  Love him!  And he's totally cute underneath those fangs and pale skin.  (By the way, how cute is it that they're married in real life?)  Eric is pretty cute too and I also see the appeal of him, but I'm still Team Bill right now.  Hoyt and Jessica crack me up.  Hoyt is the typical southern, momma's boy and Jessica is your average teenage drama queen.  Lafayette is hysterical.  Jason Stackhouse is also hysterical.  I could go on and on about the rest of the cast...but instead I'll tell you my very own True Blood claim to fame. 

If you currently watch the show then I'm sure you've heard Alcide.  You know, the super hot construction worker/werewolf?  Well, he was my 8th grade crush.  That's right.  When I was in 8th grade Joe Maganiello (Alcide) was in high school and I had the.biggest.crush. on him.  I would walk down the high school hallways during the change of classes (the junior high and high school were connected) just so I could see him.  In case you're wondering, he was every bit as good looking back then.  :)  And now, here he is all these years later starring on True Blood.  (Note to self: dig up old photo of me and Joe Maganiello taken when he starred as Judd Frye in the high school version of Oklahoma.)  Just when I thought I couldn't love this show anymore than I already did...



How have y'all been?  Are any of you out there avid True Blood watchers? 

xoxo,
Mrs. D

3 comments:

  1. I fuzzy pink heart True Blood...or maybe I should say that I really fang True Blood?

    AWESOME show, and I'm jealous that you got to go to school with Joe! Such a hottie. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You went to school with him?! Lucky girl! lol. I love that show. Absolutely love it. And I'm just like you I had to watch it from the very beginning. The 3rd and 4th seasons are my fav so far! Im your newest follower. :)
    xo
    samantha

    betterblondesam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl, hope all is well! I follow you on Instagram and thought I'd finally check out your blog! Hopefully you'll continue to post... :)

    ReplyDelete