Thursday, January 27, 2011

AMAZEBALLS! (weekend recap, part I)

This past weekend was AMAZEBALLS!  Seriously. 
I really can't think of another way to describe it.  There's just something about being with old friends...it's like the comforting rhythm of your favorite song.  Once the three of us were back together it was like we never missed a beat!  We were back to our same old shenanigans, laughing and having a fabulous time.  

T, Lou & me. 

This was the first time I had met T's wife, Shaan, and let me just go ahead and tell you she's probably the most adorable human being I've ever encountered!  For real, y'all....she's gorgeous, fun, has an adorable personality and it's all wrapped up with an English accent!  Lou and T have always told me "you'll love Shaan" and "you and Shaan will be BFF!"  OMGosh!  They were right on with this.  By the end of the weekend the three guys were probably tired of hearing the two of us gals exclaim "oh! my! gosh!  MEEE too!"  Hahaha.  :) 


Shaan, my sister from another Mister, & I.

Lou, T, Shaan, Mr. D and I all had a wonderful, action packed, Kentucky weekend!  It started Friday with a trip out to the farm to visit my favorite farmer, Mr. D, and take a few pictures of the horses (they're extra big because they're all preggers).

3 Chatchi's out on the farm.
View from the hay loft.

Nuzzlin' Momma's.

The Momma on the right says "cheeeeeese!"

Shaan wanted to go play with them while T was busy snapping away.
Mr. D hard at work.

"Look!  It's so cold I can see my breath!"

Shoulder lean!

T doin' his thing.

Mr. D doin' his thing.

Isn't my guy cute? 

After we left the farm we had a delicious lunch at Wallace Station in Midway, KY...one of my favorite sandwich shops.  If you've never been to Wallace Station and you're near the Lexington area I highly recommend you check it out.  Unfortunately, I didn't take any photos during our lunch at Wallace...but as soon as T posts his review of Wallace Station on Passport Foodie I will let y'all know.

When we left Wallace Station we were practically in a food-coma from all the deliciousness...but we were super excited about our next stop.  A tour of Three Chimney's Farm where I once worked in the Breeding/Foaling barns. 


My former boss, Tony, gave us a VIP tour of the many facilities. 
Tony is AWESOME! 

We got to see all the stallions at Three Chimney's, starting with Big Brown,

Sky Mesa,

and Flower Alley, just to name a few.

Electro-Groom.

Cute cat.

We got to see all the new babies.

This one was less than 2 days old...

...and getting ready to nurse.

And even got to pet on all the Momma's and their new foals too!


Group shot with Seattle Slew. 

The Three Chimney's tour was amazing!  BIG THANKS to Tony for taking time out of his busy day to show us around.  When we returned home we all decided to warm up with a drink (of bourbon - duh, this is Kentucky!), make a big salad to snack on and reminisce by looking at my old photo album of pictures from Cambridge. 



(If you're still reading after all that) check back for part II of the AMAZEBALLS weekend!  Hopefully by then my partners in crime, Lou & T, will have sent me a couple of their pics from the weekend so I can share those with you as well.  :) 

xoxo,
Mrs. D


5 comments:

  1. It's my first time stopping by your blog and I absolutely adore what you have going on here!

    I couldn't agree with your statement more - there is NOTHING like being with old friends. It always makes me feel young again! It looks like you had a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, maybe You need to take me on a tour of Kentucky. I've lived here my whole life and I've only been to one farm =(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you all had a great weekend! I love how things go back to the way they always were no matter how long it's been. So jealous you got to see the baby horses, they are adorable. You and Mr. D are as adorable as ever too. Tour was a great idea!! We need to plan our girls trip and Wine Tasting too. Love u!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These horse pictures are AMAZING. I've never been to a horse farm, can you believe that?! I'm an idiot. How can I live here and NOT have done that...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pictures are great! I love horses, your weekend looks perfect! Can't wait to read part II :)

    ReplyDelete