Friday, January 21, 2011

Reunited! And It Feels So Good!

They have arrived!  Lou, T and Shaan made it to Lexington safe and sound yesterday evening...barely beating the snow storm.  It is a wonderful reunion (I may or may not have squealed a couple of times) and I really don't think it's possible for me to be more excited than I am at this very moment!!! 

After Mr. D and I got home from work we had a couple of hours to kill before they arrived and the waiting was killing us so we had to occupy our time. 


Our first stop was the liquor store where I bought my favorite, champagne...and found some caramel flavor alcohol infused whip cream!  Mmmm. (not to be consumed together, obvs.)


Then we came home to get the house ready for the arrival of our company.


I baked a cake...


While Mr. D built a fire...


And Lou showed up wearing his I heart Kentucky t-shirt! 
(WHY did I not take a pic of ALL of us last night?)

We have big plans today...a tour of Woodford Reserve Distillery (Lou & T's favorite), lunch at Wallace Station in Midway and then off to go see the stallions at Three Chimney's Farm (and hopefully some of the new babies there too). 

What do y'all have planned for this weekend?  I hope you spend yours surrounded by the people you love and hold dear to your heart...because that's what I'll be doing this weekend.  :)  :)  :)

xoxo,
Mrs. D

1 comment: