Friday, March 25, 2011

Oven Baked Parmesan Chicken

Perhaps you remember one of my goals for the current year is tacking a new recipe every month.  So far I've managed to keep up with this goal and we're already 3 months in to the new year.  Go me! 

Mr. D and I have both been attempting to eat a little healthier lately (but not too healthy...y'all know how I luuuurve my cake! and unfortunately for my butt, I've added Orange Leaf to my dessert repertoire.) so I was on the lookout for a healthy new chicken recipe I could try.  I found this recipe online, thought it sounded pretty good and easy, so we gave it a try.  The breading is Italian dressing, fresh Parmesan, garlic pepper and parsley flakes.  It was seriously one of the easiest dishes I've ever made and so so so good!  I highly recommend you try it.  Mr. D even declared after dinner "it was the best non-fried chicken he's ever had!"  Quite an accomplishment if I must say so myself.  :) 


I made a simple broccoli salad to accompany our chicken and all was complete.  It was a super simple, yet delicious new dinner.  You can find the Oven Baked Parmesan Chicken recipe here and definitely let me know what you think if you give it a try. 

Anyone have any fun plans this weekend?  We have a weekend packed full of stuff and I'm defitely excited it's finally Friday (has this week been long for anyone else?  Sheesh!) 

Tonight, my sister, Tara, is coming to town (Hi, Tara!  I know you're a HIWTHI reader.) and we have a baking project planned.  There's a cake recipe I have been wanting to try for over a year and I figured this weekend with Tara would be perfect timing!  Tara loves to bake too, so we plan on turning my kitchen into a little sweat shop bake shop.  Hopefully all goes according to plan and then I can blog about our little baking adventure next week.  Tomorrow night Mr. D and I will be attending the Heart & Stroke Ball in Lexington with some family and friends and lets not forget all the basketball I plan on watching this weekend!!!!  How are your brackets doing?  What about your team?  Sunday we plan to rest up for next week and do some much needed work around the house. 

Cheers to a wonderful weekend to you and me! 
xoxo,
Mrs. D

3 comments:

  1. Soooo your recipe sounds delicious and easy! I think I'll try to bust it out the next time I'm in the mood for chicken parm! (it is one of my fav dishes....ironically I don't make it that often) Hope you have a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good girl! Tonight I played mom for my little brother and our dinner was not so fantastic...grilled cheese, steamed carrots, and apples. It definitely doesn't help my cooking when he only eats pasta, cheese, and chicken nuggets.

    Oh well, I hope you can come follow my blog! I'm new to the blogging world :)
    WhatMissLoves

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, this sounds very yum! I'm VERY glad I didn't make a bracket this year because it would have been shot to hell by now. We're a loyal Duke household (sorry! My dad went there undergrad/grad), so once they were out we all lost interest. I have to say, I'm thrilled UK is doing so well (SEC represent!) so they're my pick now. :)

    ReplyDelete