Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A Fab Lazy Weekend & Crazy Stupid Love


In case you haven't noticed, I've kinda been on a movie kick lately.  I love going to the movies!  Or maybe it's the popcorn and peanut m&m's I love?  Either way, I always have a great time.  This past Friday night was no exception.  Nancy and I decided to have a girls date for dinner (tex-mex, yum!) and a movie.  We went to see Crazy Stupid Love and loved it!  I expected I would enjoy the movie, but I ended up loving it (minus the annoying girls sitting right next to me talking the entire way through...even after I "Shhhhhhhh!-ed" them.  Seriously, who pays $9 a person to talk the entire way through a movie?).


Emma Stone is ridiculously adorable!  I want to be friends with her.  :)  And Ryan Gosling?  Oh my hotness!  He hasn't been this crush-worthy since The Notebook (which is still one of my favorites).  The story line is cute too.  I'm not the biggest Steve Carell fan but I really liked him in this movie.  I always love Julianne Moore and even though you're kinda angry with her character she's still likable in this movie.  I won't give anything away, but it's definitely one to see at the theatres.  Have any of y'all seen it? 
Mrs. D gives it two thumbs up and suggests you check it out in the theatres.  With popcorn and peanut m&m's of course!  (But I hope those annoying girls aren't sitting next to you talking when you see it.)

The rest of the weekend was just as fun and relaxing.  I went to support the local Delta chapter and cheer on my lil cousin, Olivia, as she was gearing up for her first ever in-house recruitment week.  It was so exciting to see all the cute Delta's running around and buzzing with excitement.  It made me remember my own days like that way back when. 

My lil Delta.  :)

UK Delta House Recruitment Banner:
Go Baby, GO Greek!
(Gotta capitalize on Keeneland & our racing state when we can.)

Saturday night was double date night with Katherine and Ben.  We even survived the awful storms that came through Lexington from the Harry's patio.  Even bad weather can't ruin a fun night with friends!  Too bad we came home to find our power out...and it didn't come back on for nearly twelve hours.  The house was so hot and stuffy I couldn't sleep at all.  It was fun lighting candles and playing with the flashlight for the first hour, but after a bit it was just a big inconvenience.  Makes you realize the little things you take for granted.  Like the use of your cell phone charger, Internet, TV, lights and refrigerator...just to name a few.  We are lucky to be living in the United States and to be able afford such luxuries. 

Mr. D having fun with the flashlight during the power outage. 

I spent quite a few hours poolside on Sunday with Mr. D and some friends.  It was glorious!  We really haven't spent much time at the pool since the beginning of summer and it was nice to get out there and enjoy a few hours.  A perfect Sunday Funday!  We may or may not have found ourselves back on the Harry's Patio for dinner Sunday night.  :) 

How did y'all spend your weekend?  Are any of you dreading the end of summer as much as I am?  Can you believe it's already mid-August?  Where did the year go?

xoxo,
Mrs. D

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend! I've been on a movie kick lately too - only thing I want to do in this heat is go sit in a dark, air conditioned theater with a fountain Diet Coke. Heaven. :) When I was staying w/ my 14yo cousin earlier this year we lost power for 3 DAYS. While his parents were gone. Ugh. The fridge went bad and that was..not nice. Glad y'all got it back on (relatively) quickly.

    Working a full-time job = not enough pool time in my life either. :( Thank goodness for tan in a bottle which is all I've got going on these days.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOO happy to hear that Crazy Stupid Love was good!! I am dying to see it. Now I've just gotta figure out how to convince the hubs to go w/ me. hmmm :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I SO wish I lived closer to a Tri Delta collegiate chapter. There is not a lot that matches the level of excitement before recruitment!

    Crazy, Stupid Love is on my must-see list. I may use Mr. D's approval to try to convince the bf to see it soon. ;)

    ReplyDelete